Thursday, May 22, 2014

Ice Gallery (아이스갤러리) at Jongno-gu, Seoul

This Ice Gallery! I visited during my FIRST trip to Korea in 2012! This was not written in the itinerary but since I can read hanguel now, it is easy for me to locate the location based on pictures taken! hehehehe

So, this is the ice gallery located at Jongno-gu, Seoul! This Ice Gallery is the world’s first indoor ice sculpture gallery that is open year-round. Situated from across Jeongdok Library in the middle of Seoul (Hwa-dong, Jongno-gu), it offers a fun array of ice sculptures with seasonal themes. Visitors can enjoy cool winter in the gallery that is kept under 5℃ below zero. Some of its exhibitions focus on the theme of traditional beauty, including Sungryemun (Southern Gate of Seoul in the past), Bukchon Hanok Village, Dabotap (a stone pagoda); it also offers fun ice sculptures including Ice Pension, Igloo, and Ice Slide. Visitors can participate in hands-on sculpture programs such as Making My Own Ice Cup, and I Am an Ice Sculpture (Salad Bowl, Igloo, and more). 

Direction: Anguk Station, Seoul Subway line 3, Exit #1 >> Across the Jeongdok Library










No comments:

Post a Comment