Friday, August 9, 2013

6D5N Solo Backpacking - D1 Getting Started - From Incheon Airport to Seoul

Hello there!

How are you? I hope you are doing fine wherever you are!

I have always wanted to backpack overseas alone! And I did it! I did it in Korea! It was my FIRST backpacking solo trip. Furthermore, it was my FIRST winter trip!!!!

In this post I shall share how you can get to Seoul from Incheon International Airport.

Flight from Singapore will land at Incheon Airport when you are going to Seoul. Incheon is around 45 - 60 mins train ride via AREX and maybe around 1.5 - 2 hours by bus/taxi.


There are 3 ways to get to Seoul downtown: AREX (Airport Railroad Express Train), Bus or Taxi.
I chose to take AREX to Seoul downtown. :)


 Snapshot of the area at arrival hall


 The AREX is located at B1 (take the escalator down when you arrived at the arrival hall) and follow the sign to AREX platform

 Platform of AREX


There are 2 types of service: Express train (direct from Incheon to Seoul Station non-stop; 43 mins; 8,000KRW) and commuter trains (stops at 9 stations between Incheon Airport to Seoul Station; 53 minutes; fare varies). The 2 service are opposite of each other.

Please note that you cannot use T-Money to go in the gantry for Express Train. You have to buy the ticket off the counter.

If you prefer to take bus, tickets are to be purchased at the Transportation Information Counter near Exits No 2,4,9,13 on Arrival Floor (1st Floor). Please confirm the bus stop number and location at the counter as there are many bus routes to and from the airport.

걱정 하지마세요. Don't worry if it is your first time to Korea. The sign directions are mostly written in English. :)

Here are some links which you may want to refer to aid in your travel.


I will continue my post on places in the next entry. ^^

Love,
Shasha

No comments:

Post a Comment