Friday, August 30, 2013

TOPIK (Test Of Profieciency In Korean)

Hello everyone!

Today, I am going to introduce TOPIK (Test Of Proficiency In Korean).

What is TOPIK? How does it helps? What can I do with this?

TOPIK is an internationally recognized certificates by the Korean government given to foreigners in learning Korean. It is administered by the National Institute for International Education (NIIED). With TOPIK certificate, you can apply for a job in Korea or enrol in Korea local universities for study programs.

Students are tested in 5 different components during the examination: MCQs, Short Answers, Listening Comprehension, Reading Comprehension and Essay. The test is divided into four parts: vocabulary & grammar, writing, listening, and reading. There is currently no oral section.

The Beginner examination consists of Level 1 & 2, Intermediate examination consists of Level 3 & 4, and Advance examination consists of Level 5 & 6.

E.g.For the Beginner examination, a pass of average 50% will award the student with a Level 1 pass. A pass of average 70% and above will award the student with a Level 2 pass.

In Singapore, TOPIK is held twice a year, in April and October. It is held at Singapore Korean International School. Exam fee is SGD$80.00.

You can check out the details at the link below.
http://klc.skis.kr/?mid=topic

My thoughts
Since many may have attended classes, spend a lot of money on books, why not just attempt this exam and get a qualified certificate. :)

I have been studying Korean for past 1 year through self-study and classes. I have spent so much time and money on this. So I will force myself to study hard for TOPIK Beginner level and get the certificate. At least I can put it in my resume. Hehehehe

Love,
Shasha

No comments:

Post a Comment